Re: postgresql and debconf [Re: package and dpkg improvements to help autoinstallers]

On Tue, 2002-07-30 at 12:05, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:

> I was assuming that the database would stay up if the user won't let
> debconf upgrade. But if db shutdown is ok, my idea is of course not
> necessary.

The database cannot continue, because the new executables can't read the
old data.  If the administrator isn't happy with that, he cannot upgrade
at all - at least, not automatically.
Isle of Wight, UK
http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver
     "And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in
      burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the
      voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than
      sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams."
                                     I Samuel 15:22