Re: Accepted sdl-image1.2 1.2.2-1 (i386 source)

>> Junichi Uekawa <dancer@netfort.gr.jp> writes:

 > Very nice story. Sounds less intrusive. I'll probably need to think
 > over it a bit more (yes, it's 5am right now), but looks good.

 Thanks.

 > Could you file to use versioned symbols as a patch to the BTS?
 > Pretty please?

 Sure, you'll get one once I figure out why GTK+ 2 isn't cooperating.  I
 suspect I'm just being st00pid and I'm doing something silly, but I
 haven't had the time to look at it.  Unless someone steps in and gives
 my patches[0] a second look, it won't happen before next week.

 If someone wants to help:

 0.  Build libpng2 and libpng3 with versioned symbols.

 1.  Rebuild GTK+ 2 against the new libpng2.

 2.  There's a demo in the GTK+ 2 source tree which loads PNG files.
     Rebuild *that* against the new libpng3 and force-link it against
     libpng3 (just add -lpng somewhere in the link line).

 3.  Run, everything should work as usual.

 Cheers,

 Marcelo

 [0] http://people.debian.org/~magallon/png/