Re: where do NEW packages go?

Hi,

I don't see any point in discussing how GNU should name the GNU system here,
sorry.  This was discussed among the responsible people (mainly Thomas and
RMS, with input from everybody else) before, and it is all in the FAQ.  If it
makes you happier person: you will find RMS tending to say GNU/Hurd instead
GNU on many occasions, and also trying to introduce things like __GNU_LINUX__
and matching __GNU_HURD__ (and not __GNU__) defines etc.

> Marcus, I'm not remotely accusing you of having that attitude; but it
> seems to be reflected at least in the use of "GNU" in the draft FHS
> stuff and the use of "i386-gnu" instead of "i386-hurd".

If then this should be i386-pc-gnu-hurd, to match i386-pc-gnu-linux.

If that and the GNU in the FHS draft is all that worries you, don't you
think you are blowing this quiet out of proportion?  It would have been so
much easier for you to just do what Grant Bowman did and reply to the draft
on help-hurd (see http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/help-hurd/2002-May/005933.html)

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de