Re: where do NEW packages go?

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 09:12:29AM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 01:31:03AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > Any chance of a draft being posted someplace public?  I think I would
> > find it interesting reading.
> That should be the latest draft:
> http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/help-hurd/2002-May/005896.html

*cough*

<flashback>
> That is a nice description for /servers actually (oh, no, another new top
> level directory.  But that was the last one, promised).
</flashback>

] 6.2.x  /hurd : The Hurd servers
] 6.2.x  /servers : Standard location where Hurd servers translate

] 6.2.x  /com : Shareable, variable data.

(sharable variable data goes under /var)

] 6.2.x  /libexec : Executables only run by other programs
]+++sendmail      Internet mail transport agent

(sendmail is required to be in /usr/sbin; this is /lib or /usr/lib)

I've got to say that calling the Hurd section the ``GNU specific annex'',
is very confusing. If you want to call an OS running the Hurd kernel
"GNU" then we need to drop "GNU/" from our released architectures. Having
"GNU" standards not apply to a "GNU/Linux" distribution is ridiculously
confusing.

Cheers,
aj

     ``BAM! Science triumphs again!''