Re: where do NEW packages go?

Anthony Towns wrote:
> There's a more general chicken-and-egg problem too: the FHS isn't supposed
> to be changed until there's some existing practice to change too; but
> otoh it forbids people from introducing new top-level hierarchies to
> establish existing practice...

Happily we can override the FHS in policy. I for one would be happy to
see a policy proposal from the Hurd people that explains why /hurd is
needed instead of existing stuff like /boot or more generally
FHS-acceptable stuff like /lib/something, from anyone involved in the
Hurd who can refrain from calling the FHS people a pack of fools, and
who is capable of carrying on a sensible conversaion.

--
see shy jo