Re: Editor Priorities

Maybe /usr/bin/editor shouldn't just be a simple link then. If it was a
shell script it could have the logic in it to be smart enough to discern
if the user was not a english speaker and then try to open the correct
editor.

#!/bin/pseudocode

if [ non-english system ] do
	editor_with_correct_support $ARGS
else
	debian_default_simple_edit $ARGS

On Thu, 2002-05-09 at 05:09, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> #include <hallo.h>
> Tomohiro KUBOTA wrote on Thu May 09, 2002 um 06:23:09PM:
>
> > I understand your point.  However, I don't think the priority score
> > *must* be limited for sysadmin purpose.  There are a lot of scenes
> > where a software wants to invoke some text editor.
>
> I agree - as native Russian and German speaker, I am very pissed off
> about the current localisation issues, especially for multiple non-ascii
> locales.
>
> But there are soo many people (mostly native english speakers) that do
> not care about useability for others.
>
> > If you say that alternative mechanism is not a place for i18n,
> > where do you think is suitable?  I think alternative mechanism
>
> Then we should use two alternatives entrys: editor for normal people,
> and rescue-editor for hard-core admins ;).
>
> Gruss/Regards,
> Eduard.
> --
> * Das Verhalten von Gates hatte mir bewiesen, dass ich auf ihn und seine
>   beiden Gefaehrten nicht rechnen durfte.
>                                                   Karl May, Winnetou Bd. 3
>

> --

Jeff Carr <Jeff.Carrateng.nciaccess.com>
Northern Computers, Inc.
V:414.769.5980 x4348 F:414.769.5989