Re: Debian Conference 2 Registration

On Sat, 2002-04-06 at 17:54, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:

> The thing I want say is: Debian is about free software, IMHO we should
> not have such a prominent sponser promoting non-free
> software. Especially as we probably don't need it.

Jeroen, please calm down.  I admit that while the registration page
could have been a bit more tasteful (i.e. less blatant advertising), it
would be a very bad idea for us to refuse their sponsorship.  Debian has
been accepting donations from proprietary software companies for a long
time.  We should thank them for their donation, and continue our work.

It's also probably worth pointing out, as you seem to see yourself as
"the Dutch RMS", that the Free Software Foundation also accepts
donations from proprietary software companies:

http://www.gnu.org/thankgnus/2002supporters.html