Re: The new installer

Josip Rodin wrote:

> There are many things about the BTS which aren't a matter of
> technical implementation, but of usage policy. Unfortunately the BTS
> documentation is lacking/lagging in this aspect. I've had to edit
> that file (and others) on several occasions to clarify the BCPs; and,
> there's still work to do.
>
> I think we shouldn't take anything about the BTS usage policies as a
> given based on documentation written in different circumstances. And,
> I should mention, written by a coder :)

But where does that get us?  There should be some sort of policy for
usage.  Otherwise, everyone makes up his own policy and nobody can agree
on how things are done.

In any case, bug reports are supposed to be closed when someone takes
responsibility for having fixed the bug, correct?  I think that we can
agree on that one.  The process is independent of whether the package
has made it into the archive yet.

- Brian