Re: The new installer

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 09:21:23AM -0800, Adam McKenna wrote:
> I'm not sure I like the way the new installer works -- it seems as though
> when I upload a package, it is immediately "accepted", and the bugs are
> closed, but then the package still takes the normal 1-2 days to make it into
> the main archive.  It seems to me that we shouldn't be closing open bugs
> until the package is actually available.

i'm disappointed with this behaviour too :(

a user might see a closed bug report but could not be unable to download
the fixing package with the usual methods (dselect, apt, etc..).

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://filibusta.crema.unimi.it/~cavok/gpgkey.asc
   ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936  4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50