Re: Debian doesn't have to be slower than time.

> If emacs policy, say, were to be significatly changed in some ways, a
> lot of packages would be implicated.  You seem to be saying we should
> just never make those changes.

Certainly those changes need to be made, sometimes.  But it seems like
as a Project we could do a better job of not making major changes in
Emacs policy, Perl policy, Debian policy, Menu policy, and every other
policy all at the same time during the same release.

Maybe for 3.1 if we discover we need a major Emacs Policy change that
means we *shouldn't* have a major Perl policy change until 3.2
... that way we keep the number of broken-by-policy packages down to a
reasonable number PER RELEASE.

--
					thanks,

					Will