Re: Debian doesn't have to be slower than time.

On Sat, 16 Feb 2002 21:27:40 -0700
Joel Baker <lucifer@lightbearer.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 16, 2002 at 08:19:24PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> > "Joel Baker" <lucifer@lightbearer.com> writes:
> >
> > > Indeed. I will remember this, the next time I see someone asking for more
> > > non-developer assistance with Debian. It has become clear to me that the
> > > private replies in my inbox are correct - some large number of maintainers
> > > (as opposed to users) do not view the status quo as broken in any fashion.
> >
> > That's not what he said.
>
> No? It seemed rather clear that the only way to gain the experience that
> he would respect was to be a developer for some while. Since he didn't see
> fit to discuss the actual proposal, I can only answer the personal comments
> that were made.
do you actually need to be a developer to look at an RC bug and notice
how complex it is to fix some of them? don't think so, and that's
what I understand from aj's post

[]s!

--
    Gustavo Noronha Silva - kov <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>
| : :'  : + Debian BR.......: <http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br>+
| `. `'`  + Q: "Why did the chicken cross the road?"          +
|   `-    | A: "Upstream's decision." -- hmh                  |