Re: Debian doesn't have to be slower than time.

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 22:36:07 +0100
"Peter Makholm" <peter@makholm.net> wrote:

> "Joel Baker" <lucifer@lightbearer.com> writes:
>
> > * Why does Debian take so long to release?
>
> Because people would rather discuss this subject than fix release
> critical bugs?

I dont agree with Joel's answers but i think its wrong and
counterproductive to discourage people from trying to improve debians
release _process_

Improving our release _process_ is a worthy goal in itself. It doesnt
help with the current release but the issues being addressed arent just
concerned with woody.

_IF_ (big if) a better release process could be devised, then it would
be stupid not to consider it.

Its like there are all these taboo subjects that we arent allowed to
talk about....

geez

Glenn