Re: Debian doesn't have to be slower than time.

"Joel Baker" <lucifer@lightbearer.com> writes:

> * Why does Debian take so long to release?

Because people would rather discuss this subject than fix release
critical bugs?

> To be blunt: because we use goal-oriented releases, have almost no form of
> release schedule to abide by, and we allow mushrooming/goal-creep to run

And I thought we didn't have release goals other than releasing as bug
free as posible. But we could drop that goal too.

> It is, honestly, fairly simple, if not terribly nice to contemplate. If
> a package has RC bugs, it doesn't get released.

Please don't do this for the packages in the base system and it's not
RC bugs outside the base system that is holding up the release for
those package will be dropped.

--
Når folk spørger mig, om jeg er nørd, bliver jeg altid ilde til mode
og svarer lidt undskyldende: "Nej, jeg bruger RedHat".