Re: localeconf package

On Sat, Feb 16, 2002 at 02:43:45PM -0500, Jeff Licquia <licquia@debian.org> was heard to say:
> On Sat, 2002-02-16 at 14:02, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> >   Well, I now see "Configure the X Window System" under a "Debian"
> > group, but it also appears (??) to be under *MISSINGNAME*.

  I should also mention that while configlet-frontends is installed,
*MISSINGNAME* is apparently fully functional.

> >   Purging configlet-frontends removes the "Debian" tree, but not
> > the *MISSINGNAME* one.
> >
> >   Is this just cruft from a broken version?
>
> Hmm.  Most likely.  Do you still have the following directories?
>
> /usr/share/gnome/apps/Settings/System
> /usr/share/control-center/System

torrent:~> ls /usr/share/gnome/apps/Settings/System
xserver-common.desktop
torrent:~> dpkg -S /usr/share/gnome/apps/Settings/System
dpkg: /usr/share/gnome/apps/Settings/System not found.
torrent:~> ls /usr/share/control-center/System
xserver-common.desktop
torrent:~> dpkg -S /usr/share/control-center/System
dpkg: /usr/share/control-center/System not found.

  Daniel

|    Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology.    |
\------------- Debian GNU/Linux http://www.debian.org -- Because. ------------/