Re: Color in init scripts, was [logcheck] I hear you...

#include <hallo.h>
Adam Lazur wrote on Thu Nov 29, 2001 um 03:02:42PM:
> Escape sequences, parsing output, and hacking init?
>
> Sounds like a kludge to me.
>
> See the LSB specifications on system init, it is substantially less
> hackish IMO.

Why are you people argumenting with LSB, again and again? The relevant
part does NOT document anything about the specific implementation, only
some basic requirements which the host system has to fulfil. I did not
write anything about breaking this specifications. Did you read it
somewhere or just gone guickly trough the lines and made you OWN
interpretation of my message?

> http://www.linuxbase.org/spec/refspecs/LSB_1.0.0/gLSB/sysinit.html

Guess you mean
http://www.linuxbase.org/spec/refspecs/LSB_1.0.0/gLSB/iniscrptfunc.html.
Please read it and tell me if you have found anything about cosmetics.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
"Manche Menschen tun nichts - aber sie tun es auf eine faszinierende
Weise."   ---   Malaparte, Curzio (eigentlich: Suckert, Kurt Erich)