Re: Color in init scripts, was [logcheck] I hear you...

#include <hallo.h>
Junichi Uekawa wrote on Thu Nov 29, 2001 um 02:35:27PM:

> > If the question of init script output is narrowed to "should we use
> > color or not?" then I think that using color adds value.
>
> "I want fancy graphics, not coloured text."
>
> Well, sortof.
>
> Restricting the talks to coloured text will fail to
> satisfy the needs for fancy graphics.

Well, if we extend the init scripts in a wise way, we could make use of
fancy graphics without breaking much stuff. Return to my first proposal:
we define escape sequences to set a mark on certain events. Then we hack
init to show the user (eg. on framebuffer console) some fancy graphics
bar (eg. using FB toolkits), somethung like the current KDE/Gnome splash
(status) screens. Okay, this would need a bit more work, and someone
(eventually me) should make a good proposal to standadize this things.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
-"640 K ought be enough"