Re: [logcheck] I hear you...

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 12:18:12AM +0100, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> Okay, my thoughts so far... We should have a similar function. But not
> with Echo Overloading or similar hacks, but integrated in the particular
> init scripts. I think, this should be done in short period by a small
> coordinated team which modifies all the init scripts and files
> bugreports or NMUs the stuff. But this should be done somedays after the
> Woody release.

Hmm, that seems all far more involved than I was thinking. What I was
suggesting would require no changes to any init scripts at all, just a
wrapper around running them.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to start including the actual colouration
within the scripts themselves. I thought the idea was so it would be easy to
see from across the room whether the machine was booting ok, not to attach
colour to each little peice of output.
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/