Re: woody is getting worse...

Branden Robinson wrote:

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 02:00:10PM -0400, David A. Greene wrote:

I recall several past incidents during which a maintainer was flamed
for not testing his packages before uploading them.  There seems to
be somewhat of a double-standard here.

Ah, so now I didn't even test my package before uploading it.

Not fully, no.  Of course there's a limit to what can be done,
but obviously your machine didn't have the setup to catch a bug
that seems to have affected a large number of users.  I can't
speculate as to why.

I certainly didn't mean to imply that you were careless.  I
apologize for the poor wording on my part.  I was simply
making the point that mistakes happen but some people seem
to get flamed more than others for them.

                            -David

--

"Some little people have music in them, but Fats, he was all music,
 and you know how big he was."  --  James P. Johnson