Re: bind9-chroot (was: questions on ITP)

On Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 12:37:32PM +0200, Christian Kurz wrote:
> On 29/09/01 Michael Bramer wrote:
> > IMHO bind should support chroot per mount --bind and if Christian use
> > 2.2 and he like chrooded bind, he will post a patch to
> > submit@bugs.debian.org. Or not Christian?
>
> No. If the bind debian package will only support chroot by using mount
> --bind, I will not send in a patch. Especially since like previously
> stated in this discussion it's fairly easy to chroot bind this days and
> I don't see any need for depending on kernel 2.4.x features like 2.4.x
> for this purpose. So instead of sending in a patch, I would stop
> installing debian on any machine that should be a nameserver and switch

What? Sorry Christian but this is your problem...

> to an os, where either I get a chrooted bind by default or directly can
> build a chroot manually.

And you can't 'directly build a chroot manually' on a debian system?
Sorry, I don't understand... And maybe you should send a HOWTO and a
FAQ to the bind9 package. The maintainer can include this for 2.2
user.

> P.S.: I wonder what the hell all you people favoring mount --bind would
> do if that option wouldn't be available. Would you then stop chrooting

And I wonder what the hell you throw away debian. If you have more
problemes with debian? (The '--bind problem' is IMHO not a reason to
throw away it...)

Gruss
Grisu
ETS: 1:15   ->   Estimated Time of Sleep