Re: bind9-chroot (was: questions on ITP)

On 25-Sep-01, 09:34 (CDT), Christian Kurz <shorty@debian.org> wrote:
> On 01-09-25 Steve Greenland wrote:
> > I am so tired of hearing things like this. Nobody is forcing anyone to
> > do anything. We already "force" them to use 2.2 instead of still using
> > 2.0. You want the functionality, you use the right tools. You want to
>
> Were exactly do we force them? Which debian packages do not work well
> with a 2.0.x kernel?

The standard Debian distribution kernel is 2.2.

> > stick with 2.2, then *you* deal with the issues. The maintainers have
>
> That's a nice attitude, which will lead to the situation that
> people, especially administrators, will move away from debian to either
> other distributions, a bsd flavour or other free operating systems.

Why? Because we don't change every aspect of our default system to cater
to their individual preferences? One of the reasons that there are so
many Linux distributions is that every body has a different idea of the
"right way", and no single distribution can make everyone happy. That's
fine.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland <steveg@moregruel.net>