Re: bind9-chroot (was: questions on ITP)

On 01-09-25 Steve Greenland wrote:
> On 25-Sep-01, 03:12 (CDT), Christian Kurz <shorty@debian.org> wrote:
> >
> > As I wrote in two emails before, this isn't a solution, since this
> > forces an administrator to use kernel 2.4.x instead of maybe still using
> > 2.2.x.
>
> I am so tired of hearing things like this. Nobody is forcing anyone to
> do anything. We already "force" them to use 2.2 instead of still using
> 2.0. You want the functionality, you use the right tools. You want to

Were exactly do we force them? Which debian packages do not work well
with a 2.0.x kernel?

> stick with 2.2, then *you* deal with the issues. The maintainers have

That's a nice attitude, which will lead to the situation that
people, especially administrators, will move away from debian to either
other distributions, a bsd flavour or other free operating systems.

Christian
--
           Debian Developer (http://www.debian.org)