Re: bind9-chroot (was: questions on ITP)

On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 03:05:07PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 04:25:36PM +0200, Christian Kurz wrote:
>
> > No, please reread my previous mails: I claim that people will abandon
> > debian, if we only support chrooting bind via mount --bind and not
> > offering alternative at least for users of kernel 2.2.x.
>
> yes that is absurd.
>
> lets look at this:
>
> people see debian only supports chrooted bind on 2.4 kernels because
> of mount --bind, they can do either:
>
> a) manually configure a 2.2 capable chroot for bind manually.
> b) be irrational, dump debian, and configure a chrooted bind manually.
>
> now what exactly did switching distros buy them?

IMHO bind should support chroot per mount --bind and if Christian use
2.2 and he like chrooded bind, he will post a patch to
submit@bugs.debian.org. Or not Christian?

Gruss
Grisu
"...anytime you install something new on the Windows platform, you risk spending
the next five or six hours trying to figure out what happened"
                 -- Robert Roblin, Adobe