Re: bind9-chroot (was: questions on ITP)

also sprach Christian Kurz (on Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:31:54AM +0200):
> So you want to force everyone who is interested in running this chroot
> to use a kernel 2.4.x at least? That's in my opinion a not acceptable
> solution, since the decision which kernel is used, should never be
> depending on a chroot-setup, but on the decision of the system
> administrator. So this script should work with kernel 2.2.x and 2.4.x so
> that everyone can use it with the kernel version he likes to use.

okay, you do have a point. it's not too difficult to make bind
chrooted without remounting /etc/bind - one way would be to store
$CHROOT/etc/bind in the chroot, and then have a symlink from the real
/etc/bind to the chroot one.

joan of arc heard voices too.