Re: bind9-chroot (was: questions on ITP)

On 01-09-24 Martin F Krafft wrote:
> also sprach Christian Kurz (on Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:31:54AM +0200):
> > So you want to force everyone who is interested in running this chroot
> > to use a kernel 2.4.x at least? That's in my opinion a not acceptable
> > solution, since the decision which kernel is used, should never be
> > depending on a chroot-setup, but on the decision of the system
> > administrator. So this script should work with kernel 2.2.x and 2.4.x so
> > that everyone can use it with the kernel version he likes to use.
>
> okay, you do have a point. it's not too difficult to make bind
> chrooted without remounting /etc/bind - one way would be to store

Thanks, that would be in my opinion the best option, since that way
every administrator can use the kernel version he wants.

> $CHROOT/etc/bind in the chroot, and then have a symlink from the real
> /etc/bind to the chroot one.

Hm, that doesn't make much sense too me. I think the best thing would be
to have /etc/bind inside $CHROOT and having no symlink.

Christian
--
           Debian Developer (http://www.debian.org)