Re: bind9-chroot (was: questions on ITP)

On 01-09-23 Martin F Krafft wrote:
> complicated for i did not know about the mount --bind option. sure,
> this only works with 2.4.x, but if any chroot changes to bind9 are
> going public, then this will be bundled with a 2.4.x kernel-image,
> right? will testing be 2.4.x?

So you want to force everyone who is interested in running this chroot
to use a kernel 2.4.x at least? That's in my opinion a not acceptable
solution, since the decision which kernel is used, should never be
depending on a chroot-setup, but on the decision of the system
administrator. So this script should work with kernel 2.2.x and 2.4.x so
that everyone can use it with the kernel version he likes to use.

Christian
--
           Debian Developer (http://www.debian.org)