Re: LILO

Je 11 May 2001 23:32:50 -0500,
Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> scribis:
> >>"Brian" == Brian May <bam@debian.org> writes:
>
>  Brian> I am not sure how you install an already existing kernel image package
>  Brian> (eg. a kernel distributed with Debian), and not have it automatically
>  Brian> run lilo in the postinst.
>
> 	Then I suggest you start reading the documentation.

You know, I bet most of this discussion could've been avoided if you'd
just said "man 5 kernel-img.conf" instead of getting angry.  There's a
lot of documentation in kernel-package; it took me >1 hour to find it.

I still feel it would be better if the boot loaders conformed to a
common interface, though.  What if I write a new boot loader?
Everyone who installs it will need to change their kernel-img.conf.

-itai