Re: LILO

Russell Coker wrote:
> Maybe the solution would be a task-boot-loader package which is essential and
> depends on one of the various boot loaders.  If you force-remove the
> task-boot-loader package then you are free from such dependencies for your
> NFS-root machine...

A task package being essential would defeat the purpose of itself. Maybe
you mean a dummy package or something like that. And to force-remove a
package as a way not to have a boot loader installed seems pretty ugly
to me. Why would a kernel-image depend on lilo? IIRC they just suggest
it. I use grub for about a year now and never had any problems to
install lilo or so (and it should stay like that)...

Just my $0.02, Roland

--
Roland Bauerschmidt