Re: LILO

Quoting Bryan Andersen (bryan@visi.com):
> A script that has a few standard parameters could easily be called
> by the new kernel's install.  The script would be provided by the
> boot loader.
<snip solution>
> I did some similar stuff for automating kernel updates at my last job.
Kernel-package (and the default lilo install) uses /vmlinuz and
/vmlinuz.old, which are symlinks to the 'current' (latest-installed) version
and the version before that. After dpkg -i -ing a kernel built by make-kpkg,
these links are updated, and you just have to run lilo (afaik the postinst
does just that).

I don't like this, but it works.

Greets,
	Robert