Re: Drop 'epic' package? (was incorrectly Re: ITA: epic4)

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 02:32:11PM -0600, Chad C. Walstrom wrote:
> Actually, I would second this.  epic, the 3.0x version of the IRC
> client, has not been developed for quite some time, IIRC.  I would be
> for removing epic and adding a "Provides:" line to the epic4 control
> file.  Changing epic4 to epic and having it provide 'epic4' at
> sometime in the future would be a nice closure, but not necessary,
> IMHO.

This is a bad plan since epic3 is 100% compatible with ircII 2.8.2 scripts
and epic4 is not.  Our ircII package also is not (4.something) and bitchx
as always is its own thing.

> Anyone use the 'epic' package and not 'epic4'?

Probably not.  =)

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>                Free software developer

<zarkov> "NT 5.0.  All the bugs and ten times the code size!"