Re: [OT] Release Date of Woody?

>>"xsdg" == xsdg  <xsdg@softhome.net> writes:

 xsdg> *Please do not CC me*
 xsdg> On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 01:34:04PM +0100, Jan Martin Mathiassen wrote:
 >> you really don't understand how geeks work...

 xsdg> Not only is "geek" a quite ingeneral term, but all of the
 xsdg> people developing/using Debian (users) do not necesarily
 xsdg> consider themselves geeks.  In addition, though some will be
 xsdg> the same, the incentives of all of the users are not exactly
 xsdg> the same.  I could append to the list below, but somebody else
 xsdg> might say that I'm wrong on some of my points, like I am saying
 xsdg> that some of your points are partially incorrect.

	How is this relevant? I doubt if users have much to do with
 release dates; they may tend to lobby for goals, but unless the
 people doing the work buy in to these goals, they are not likely to
 be reached in a hurry.

	Did you actually read the rest of this thread? We were talkgin
 about how setting goals may not be practical in a volunteer project
 unless the worker bees have an incentive to do so. Thus getting
 volunteer buy in is imperative for any release goals; and we do not
 have wages as incentives.

	In that context, what Jan Martin Mathiassen wrote makes
 perfect sense.

	manoj
--
 A woman was in love with fourteen soldiers.  It was clearly
 platoonic.