Re: [OT] Release Date of Woody?

*Please do not CC me*

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 01:34:04PM +0100, Jan Martin Mathiassen wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 10:09:29PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > As opposed to Debian, where we have no incentive to accomplish anything?
>
> you really don't understand how geeks work...
Not only is "geek" a quite ingeneral term, but all of the people developing/using Debian (users) do not necesarily consider themselves geeks.  In addition, though some will be the same, the incentives of all of the users are not exactly the same.  I could append to the list below, but somebody else might say that I'm wrong on some of my points, like I am saying that some of your points are partially incorrect.

> incentive:
>
> 1) we make stuff that's useful to us *and* others.
Not always
> 2) we get peer recognition for a job well done.
Not always
> 3) it's FUN, goddammit.
_Definitely not always
::SNIP? SNIP!::
	--xsdg

/ Strike a blow against RMS idiocy:                 \
\     pronounce GNU and Gnome without the hard G.   /
/    http://xsdg.hypermart.net|xsdg@softhome.net    \