Re: kernel-package or kernel bug???

>>"Paul" == Paul Slootman <paul@murphy.nl> writes:

 Paul> If you have a number of similar systems (e.g. a server park),
 Paul> it's perfectly sensible to make a kernel-image package only
 Paul> on one system, and install that on all the systems. I don't

	Indeed. You have placed your finger on the itch that led t the
 creation of kernel-package almost four years ago.

 Paul> see much sense in having a symlink on all of them that only
 Paul> works on one system (if the other systems can live with the
 Paul> link being broken, why need the link anyway?).

	Your not being able to see the sense is not really a technical
 argument ;-). There is a utility to the link for the sytem you do the
 build on; and it does no harm on the other machines, so it is not
 going to be removed by default.

	What I may do is have kernel-package not include the link when
 asked not to include it, or if it is an official build (since the
 i386 kernel-image maintainer has indicated that being his
 preference).

	manoj
--
 God must love the common man; He made so many of them.