Re: kernel-package or kernel bug???

MoiN

On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 05:27:08PM +0100, Vincent Danjean wrote:
> The link is useful when you work with kernel related stuff and that you
> want to use the correct include (not the ones used for the glibc
> compilation). With this new symlink, you can use
> /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include.
>   This is very convenient for this kind of use, and for other people, this
> is just a symlink that can point nowhere. I hope it will not be removed
> from the .deb.

There is also the ability to build a kernel-headers-`uname -r`
package with kernel-package. So if you really need the includes,
you should get them from there.

I think the symlink should point to
/usr/src/kernel-headers-`uname -r` because that is where the
include files get installed by make-kpkg generated .deb files.

And if you are using the official packages, you won't even get a
working link, because the kernel-sources are inside a compressed
tar file. But you get the headers in the kernel-headers-*
package.

Maybe this link even does belong to the kernel-headers-* package?

    Ingo
--
<PRE>      _
          ( )  ASCII Ribbon Campaign