kernel-package or kernel bug???

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           35 Sep 27 08:21 /lib/modules/2.2.17/build -> /homes/bam/admin/linux/linux-2.2.17/

I use make-kpkg to generate my kernel (and some problem occurred on at
least two different computers). Yes, this symlink does appear in the
*.deb file.

Does this symlink represent a bug somewhere?

I was rather puzzled at boot-up when depmod seemed to be scanning the
entire linux source tree.

This is an pure potato system, although perhaps not entirely
up-to-date, as ftp.au.debian.org seems to have lost its Debian
packages :-(
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>