Re: Quake in Germany - not illegal?

On Sun, Dec 26, 1999 at 01:17:19AM +0100, Filip Van Raemdonck wrote:
> "Quake is indexed in Germany, not banned. This means it's only allowed
> to sell it to adults and advertising is prohibited."
>
> Just saw this on a web page. It's URL is (for who is interested)
> http://www.inside3d.com/qip
>
> So maybe it isn't a problem to have quake in the archive after all...
>
> Filip

This is exactly what i thought. No real censorship, only ``children-protection''
BTW: what is exact definition of this law.
If its like : `you cant sell it to minors' then we can give it to minors
for free (ftp access is free) and piss at *.gov.de
Else, mirrorers will have to add disclaimer :
`You have to be 18 to download some of this software bla bla bla bla'

And what with Brazil ? Is there full ban or only ``children-protection'' ?