Re: calling Philip Hands <phil@hands.com>

On Thu, Jun 03, 1999 at 06:32:32AM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
> Given that email is pretty much a requirement for developers, are you
> saying I don't have the right to be a developer because I cannot afford a
> better ISP?  I most certainly hope you're not.

No, he's not saying that at all. He's saying that Debian could
require you to use a mail relay. You have one available, you choose
not to use it.

My ISP provides a web proxy, and has their routers configured not
to route port 80, to force me to use their proxy. I can choose not
to use it, but then I can't browse the web. It's the same situation.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3SB (ex-VK3TYD).