Re: DPLs : what do you think about ...

On Mon, Dec 14, 1998 at 09:53:40AM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> You are not the only person on this project. Find other avenues of letting
> ppl use your features. Distribute it on #debian on irc. There are better
> ways to handle testing new features than forking unstable.

Joeyh's packages aren't the only example. I have a newer version of
one of my packages in potato than in slink, because some people might want
to follow that. There are no bugs against my packages that I can fix
(I have already offered to give away the one that does have bugs, because
it's not maintained upstream and I don't know how to fix it).

As Joey has said, a centralised archive is one of Debian's best features.

Hamish