Re: DPLs : what do you think about ...

And thus spake David Welton, on Sun, Dec 13, 1998 at 03:44:32PM -0600:
> On Sun, Dec 13, 1998 at 04:38:36PM -0500, Elie Rosenblum wrote:
>
> > > Sounds kind of harshe i know, but the whole point is that frozen is top
> > > priority, and not giving it that priority is a grave mistake. With an
> > > immediate unstable fork, that priority is gone.
> >
> > I don't believe that to be the case. If you do, perhaps you need to
> > change your own development priorities?
>
> So you just see unstable as the highest priority, always?  I don't
> think that would bode real well for our ability to put out stable
> releases.  Or am I interpreting this wrong?

I was afraid I would be misinterpreted like that. :) What I mean is,
I don't think people are actually prioritizing unstable above all else.

If he finds himself unable to keep frozen correct while doing unstable
development, maybe his priorities are off; I am trying to avoid a few
people hindering unstable development merely because a minority seem
unable to cope with both.

--
Elie Rosenblum                 That is not dead which can eternal lie,
http://www.cosanostra.net   And with strange aeons even death may die.