Re: DPLs : what do you think about ...

Joey Hess wrote:
> Martin Schulze wrote:
> > Oh, this doesn't seem to be entirely true.  The FTP maintainers have a lot
> > of hassle with all new packages.  Not with regular and known ones for
> > unstable though.  Dark just said some days ago that they're partially
> > timely bound to new packages and have only few time to improve maintenance
> > tools.
>
> Yes, new packages are also handled manually, but the new package will be
> uploaded eventually anyway, and this is a one-time load on the maintainers.
> Removing unstable would not change the work due to new packages, it would
> just redistribute it.

And not to forget, add the load spread over 1h per day or so to 50h in a
cluster after release.  I don't want to be responsible for such a load on
the ftp maintainers.

> So Ben's argument is even more invalid.

Well, maybe... I wasn't arguing with him anymore.  I did that over the
weekend, I don't feel like repeating myself.

Regards,

	Joey

--
The MS-DOS filesystem is nice for removable media.  -- H. Peter Anvin