Re: DPLs : what do you think about ...

Joey Hess wrote:
> > That and the fact that the larger
> > our archive the harder it is for our own ftp maintainers to deal with.
>
> I don't hear them complaining about uploads to unstable. Uploads to frozen
> are the ones they have to manually deal with that take up most of their
> time. Most uploads to unstable are passed through automatically.

Oh, this doesn't seem to be entirely true.  The FTP maintainers have a lot
of hassle with all new packages.  Not with regular and known ones for
unstable though.  Dark just said some days ago that they're partially
timely bound to new packages and have only few time to improve maintenance
tools.

Regarding uploads to frozen, they are not managed by the ftp maintainers
but by the release engeneer.  He however has to deal with them manually
and approve each and every upload - or disapprove it.

Regards,

	Joey

--
The MS-DOS filesystem is nice for removable media.  -- H. Peter Anvin