Re: Are DFSG free package in non-us part of Debian?

On Tue, Nov 17, 1998 at 11:57:49PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> Why? What is the technical reason for that? If it is confusing for the user,
> we should fix our installation software to make it obvious what happens. My
> point is that we want to distribute as much free software as we can. Putting
> them on the ftp server or on the CD is in no way confusing. If it is in the
> installation programs, they should be fixed. This is what I meant with
> "improving our current system to handle such cases".

The point is, if they don't have all the other packages that a certain
package depends on then it means they shouldn't have because they can't
legally get it. Why give some one ssl-telnet if they can't legally get
libssl that they need to install it?

UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems Inc.                 bcollins@debian.org