Re: Are DFSG free package in non-us part of Debian?

Hi,

 James> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:
 >> Rubbish. Just move master to a free country. I am sure we can
 >> achieve that, eventually.

 James> ``Just''?!  And why?  For a smattering of crypto packages, many, if
 James> not most, of which are not even DFSG free/main material?

	This is a matter of principle, not just a smattering of
 packages. Moving master is an suggestion to demonstrate that there
 are no moral or ethical objections to crypto packages in main, nor
 even major technical ones (yes, we shall need to iron out technial
 details, but I am sure that a forum as smart as this can evolve a
 solution).

	The current situation is a matter of happenstance,since our
 hardware and bandwidth donors come from the US which has silly crypto
 laws.

	Deciding whether a package is free or not based on that
 happenstance is, charitably, silly, and I am dismayed tat people have
 seriously suggested it

	manoj.
--
 The Public is merely a multiplied "me." Mark Twain