Re: Are DFSG free package in non-us part of Debian?

Hi
>>"Martin" == Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.Infodrom.North.DE> writes:

 Martin> Since it cannot redistributed by a US citizen to a non-us citizen
 Martin> it is not *perfectly* free.

	Oh bullshit. What makes the US government the deciding
 authority? What if Saddam Hussein decides that vi is not
 freely importable into IRAQ, you shall decide vi is not free? Why
 does the US government have that kind of control over Debian?

	We may need to move our archives to a free country before we
 can technically have packages in US/main depend on packages in
 non-US/main, but this crap about the US being the center of the
 universe makes my skin crawl.

	This may be news to you, folks, but the united states of
 america is not the center of the known universe. Get over it.

 Martin> Believe me that I don't like it either but I cannot fix
 Martin> broken US crypto law by programming.  Please talk to the
 Martin> american senat or something, try to get involved with EFF and
 Martin> similar campaigns.

	Rubbish. Just move master to a free country. I am sure we can
 achieve that, eventually.

 Martin> We also cannot include it into main since it is not freely
 Martin> redistributable.

	It is too freely distributable. We can't help it that you live
 in a police state.

	manoj

--
 "The NY Times is read by the people who run the country.  The
 Washington Post is read by the people who think they run the country.