Re: Are DFSG free package in non-us part of Debian?

On 15 Nov 1998, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> Hi
> >>"Martin" == Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.Infodrom.North.DE> writes:
>
>  Martin> Since it cannot redistributed by a US citizen to a non-us citizen
>  Martin> it is not *perfectly* free.
>
> 	Oh bullshit. What makes the US government the deciding
>  authority? What if Saddam Hussein decides that vi is not
>  freely importable into IRAQ, you shall decide vi is not free? Why
>  does the US government have that kind of control over Debian?
>
> 	We may need to move our archives to a free country before we
>  can technically have packages in US/main depend on packages in
>  non-US/main, but this crap about the US being the center of the
>  universe makes my skin crawl.
>
> 	This may be news to you, folks, but the united states of
>  america is not the center of the known universe. Get over it.

Hear hear. Just because the US is quite technologically advanced... What?

I believe (I may be wrong..) New Zealand had EFTPOS way before the US. Do
you guys have it now? I wouldnt know.. I've never been to the US.

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

                   Drive nail here ( ) to need a new monitor.