Are DFSG free package in non-us part of Debian?

***** JT => James Troup

JT> So what?  gnupg is in non-US.  Packages in main may not depend on
JT> or recommend packages outside main.  End of story.

Let me suggest you take some step outside the computer room, you are
looking a bit too rude to me, I hope it wasn't your intention. ;-)

So, let's try and start a thread to gather consensus about changing
policy on this issue (I'll try here instead of filing a bug against
debian-policy, as is our current practice, because I feel it's a topic
requiring a wider audience).

I state that DFSG software should be considered an official part of
Debian regardless of any U.S. (or any other country) export
regulations, and propose that packages in main may depend on packages
in non-us (the vice is already true).

Seconders?

Thanks,

--