Re: Mailing list headers

* Shawn McMahon (smcmahon@eiv.com) [030126 10:54]:
> On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 05:06:34PM +0000, MJ Ray said:
> >
> > Anyway, you are also ignoring my advice to add the request to your
> > signature, but your sig is already looking like a candidate for the
>
> Of course I am.  Message direction information goes at the top of
> emails, not in the sig.  Sigs are background noise, ignored by
> many and probably most readers.  In any event, I see no reason to
> use my sig to exhort people to follow the list's rules.  I don't
> expect anyone who deliberately disobeys those rules would be
> swayed by a request in the sig, anyway.

<hipocrisy>
  What about the list rules to keep discussions on topic?  This thread
  is old and tired.  If you don't like getting duplicates, tools exist
  that you can use to not have to see them.  M-F-T is one of them.  If
  it doesn't work to your satisfaction, read about maildrop and/or
  procmail, but please stop trolling the list.  IMO, a few duplicates
  landing in your mailbox is a lot less disruptive to the operation of
  the list than a whole thread of on-list messages about "you're evil
  because you CCed me!" each time it happens landing in *everyone*'s
  mailboxes.
</hipocrisy>

good times,
Vineet