Re: Mailing list headers

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 07:05:29PM -0800, Alexander Hvostov said:

> > And what if you want the private replies to go somewhere other
> > than your "From" address?
>
> Then, in addition to sending the mail to the list, it sends the mail to
> the address specified in your Reply-To.

I'm sorry, you appear to be using some different definition of
"private" than the rest of us.

> Because, in the doco at http://cr.yp.to/proto/replyto.html it says that
> Mail-Followup-To causes _group_replies_ to be sent to the given address.
> In other words, it's identical to Reply-To. That's not quite the same
> thing.

You also appear to have a fundamental misunderstanding about
Reply-To, and since it's been pointed out to you repeatedly and
you haven't even acknowledged it, I can only conclude that you
are trolling.

Since you are speaking some bizarro-world parallel language that
looks sort of like English but has completely different meanings,
there's no point in trying to pound any more clues through your
three inches of skull into your two lonely brain cells.

--
"Under no circumstances will I ever purchase anything offered to me as
the result of an unsolicited email message. Nor will I forward chain