Re: Mailing list headers

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 02:16:23AM -0800, Alexander Hvostov said:

> > But there are people who like to receive private /and/ public responses
> > to list mailings
>
> Fine. Then use your mailer's 'reply to all' command.

And what if you want the private replies to go somewhere other
than your "From" address?  That's what Reply-To is for, why do
you want to strip it of that functionality?

> In another email, I suggested another header to accomplish this,
> explicitly requesting that list replies be CC'd to the sender. Something
> like:

Or, since there's an existing header in Usenet called "Followup-To",
and we're trying to provide that same functionality in mailing lists,
how about we call it "Mail-Followup-To"?  No sense reinventing the wheel
any more than necessary, right?

--
"Under no circumstances will I ever purchase anything offered to me as
the result of an unsolicited email message. Nor will I forward chain