Re: Mailing list headers

On Fre, 2003-01-24 at 15:06, Alexander Hvostov wrote:

> That, in my opinion, is the best way of eliminating the problem of
> private mails getting sent to the list and vice versa: you let the user
> decide to reply to the sender or the list, and the mailer knows enough
> to do both.

But there are people who like to receive private /and/ public responses
to list mailings, and there are people who only want answers (or
private, of course, if the matter is not for the list - that's still the
senders choice). As Reply-To: is broken - it indicates that the From:
address should not be used at all - how would you convey this
information to the receiver of a list posting?

No, I don't like qmail either if that makes you any happier.

cheers
-- vbi

--
 be vewwy vewwy qwuiet .. I'm huntin wuntime ewwos