Re: Processed: Forwarding to the technical committee

On 10615 March 1977, Ian Jackson wrote:

>> Hrm. I *can* try that. I dont know if it helps, as its similar hard to
>> discuss this via a phone.
> It would be best if it were someone he wasn't already upset with !

I hope he isnt that upset with me. And also - shouldnt it be one of
those who he sees as the Debian maintainers for his software that tries
to fix differences he has with Debian / Debian has with him?

>> Hrm. How about: I prepare a mail to write to him (in German, makes it
>> easier) to discuss it again, starting completly new, explaining our
>> problem. And also ask if he is ok with a phone call, maybe also from
>> others. But - tomorrow, not tonight, so with a bit of sleep and a gap to
>> now.
> The Makefiles problem isn't a real problem.  We can write a build
> system easily enough and we can even arrange to cross-port his
> patches.  The big problem is the constant hassle about changes to the
> code.

The big problem is the different interpretation of GPL, the rights we
have - or not, etc. Yes.

Well. If you prefer - do the contact yourself, then I wait what happens.
Its not that that is number one on my list of things i would like to
do. :)

--
bye Joerg
<liw> we have release cycles, that's why it takes so long to get a